POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures : Re: Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures Server Time
19 May 2024 19:06:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Image-Maps in Layered Textures
From: Ken
Date: 27 Feb 2000 09:54:56
Message: <38B93A53.83D12556@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Yep, I just realized it was actually there too, not blacked out and gone
> entirely, just very dark.  I turned up the color of the light source to 10.
> Something's wrong in the official versions though, I just couldn't say not
> knowing anything about the source code workings.  Maybe Nathan has an idea.
> At the beginning I simply thought the problem might be the layering over a
> layered texture, which I expected would make an error show up.  Maybe that's
> still something to do with it though.

In the official version layered textures that use filter or transmit
react the same i.e. they both default to the behavior of filter. In
MegaPov Nathan changed this so that transmit works "correctly" or so
he claims. It's not really a bug as much as it is a dissagreement as
to what the correct behavior should be where layered textures are
concerned. I do not know at this point if this change will be reflected
in POV-Ray v3. or not. It will definately break a lot of pre v3.5
textures if it is implememnted though the #version directive can be
used to compensate for this.